Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

WIP Wednesday! 6

Christmas is getting closer, and I feel the "crunch". The semester is nearly over, which is giving me more time to work on several Christmas commissions. The list grows longer as people remember that I make handcrafted gifts that would be great for Christmas.
For the past week, I've been working on a pair of crocheted dinosaur hats, in sizes child and baby. I managed to finish the child sized one, but the baby one is giving me size problems.

half finished hats!

One of my sister's friends commissioned a pair of thick warm mittens, and I was able to wing the pattern, making the first one in an hour or so. Because of school, I'm stalling on the second one (and the thumbs). But I do like working with Lion Brand Wool-Ease thick and quick, because it works up so easily (on a 'N' hook, no less.)

mostly finished mittens

I've been working on an idea for an infinity scarf/cowl. I've seen them in the stores, and figure I can jump on that bandwagon. I started one yesterday, but it is not to my desired width yet. I'll probably get back to it when the homework has disappeared.

infinity scarf

I still have 3 more hats to make, plus a large number of gifts. Is 18 days enough time?!

As my last real class is tonight, I hope to move all of these projects into the FO category. Hopefully this will happen by Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary