Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Stash Bashing Thursday!

I'm joining up with Tricia @ Crunchy Catholic Momma for the stash bash with an official post!
"I've never met a crafter without a stash of some kind. This year my goal is to use up all the craft supplies I have spent money on that are taking up mental and physical space in my life.  Join me here every Thursday for a Stash Bash."
I've been doing some crazy stash bashing this week, again with 12" afghan squares. I made my 4th (or 5th, not really sure) Drop in the Bucket square just because I love it so much, and the possibilities of color combinations is immense. This one I did with sky blue, purple, and a marled yarn. I love it!
january filler #4
I've also been "raiding" the free squares from Melinda Miller, and More V's Please was my choice of the day. (I've completed several more of this square, as I like its lacy yet solid design)
more v's?
I've wanted to use some motifs from Edie Eckman's Beyond the Square book, and this was the result:
knitted corners
I'm hoping that once I sew everything together, it'll straighten out.
I also did a set of 6" blocks, using the Grandala pattern and the BAMCAL's Feb 6" Love & Honor-- the fourth square is a simple granny square, as I didnt like the Love & Honor square so much.
mixin' it up

These are only a few of the squares I've been hooking as part of my stash bashing. I've also decided to do 40 days of squares for Lent, and donate the resulting afghan(s) to a local charity (TBD). Besides the squares pictured here, I've hooked another Versailles square, a design that I have blogged about before. The March squares for the BAMCAL have been posted, so I'm sure you'll see those in future stash bashes.
Hopefully next week I'll have a few different things to share in the stash bash- I hope I've given some ideas on how to destash :)

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a stash bashing/Lent project. I am sure it will be greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes a lot of patience to do granny squares (at least to me) This is a wonderful project for lent : ) Can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary