Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Whatever you do for the Least of these...

Mondays are perhaps the worst day of my week. I sit through 5 hours of school, and then work for 5 more hours. Luckily, spring break is just around the corner!

I'm truly be challenged this Lent, thinking about the 3 main ideas: prayer, fasting and almsgiving. Part of my almsgiving is related to my stash bashing- I made the decision to make 40 squares for each day of Lent, and create an afghan (or 2) to donate to a local shelter. So far I've been quite successful, and I feel better knowing my work is going somewhere that matters.
"Whatever you do for the least of these, you do for me"

I plan on going to weekly adoration- it's not at my church, so I'm definitely going out of my comfort zone, which is something we've been talking about in my women's group.

In other news, it's been lovely having my bf home- my sister was lovely enough to do a photo-shoot of sorts with us. This is my favorite so far:

DSCN3133

God's blessings for a good week for everyone!

1 comment:

  1. These are absolutely wonderful ideas for how to celebrate Lent. I especially like the square a day idea. Although Lent has started, I think I will jump on the bandwagon and make some squares for the week I missed. Thank you! Your post has really helped me to get into the spirit.

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary