Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

FO Friday: New Headbands!

I've been busy doing a million things, but I have finished some things this week! I'm linking up with Tami's Amis to share my success :)

I'm sure everyone's noticed the current fashion of large flowers for hair- I've definitely gotten into that, as I have shared before. This week, however, I have a few flowered earwarmers. I shared a picture of me in one that I made here, but the ones for today are a bit different.
earwarmers
The original one I made was 100% wool, recycled from a thrift store sweater, made to keep my ears warm and to match a cowl I knitted. But I didn't want to sell stuff in 100% wool, due to washing problems. So, back to acrylic. These are entirely washable, as well as being fashionable- you can keep your ears warm without ruining your hair.

6 comments:

  1. Do you have a pattern, or are you just free forming these? They are darling, and I was thinking of making my nieces some headbands for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a bit of both, actually. I'll share a step by step if you'd like. :)

      Delete
  2. These headbands are super cute! I bet they get snatched up super quickly.

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary