Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tea on Tuesday: Homework Edition

I'm back for more Tea on Tuesday!

Today, even though the weather has been warm for over a week now, I'm drinking a cup of Earl Grey, because I needed something to preserve my sanity. I needed to do something normal, as for the next several weeks, I will be teaching a unit on the Civil Rights Movement to 2 different 10th grade US History classes.

Don't get me wrong, I  LOVE US History. If I didn't, I'd probably be trying to get a more practical job (instead of teaching, lol). I am just a military history buff. As is E. So when I found out I'd be teaching Civil Rights, I was thrilled because it's out of my comfort zone, but at the same time freaked out because I have no personal supplementary materials.

Anyway. Two lessons to teach this week. I can do it. My cup of tea helps calm me down. I have knitting close by in case I need a break. And I pray to God that I don't go absolutely insane. I can do this.

1 comment:

  1. Tea, that's what keeps you going. I heart that sentence in a movie (shipping news) and will never forget it. There is the perfect tea for any occasion: Irish Breakfast Tea in the morning, Earl Grey in the afternoons.

    I drink tea before and after classes.
    Happy teaching!

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary