Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

It's not Wednesday...

...but there is progress!

I've missed a few WIP Wednesdays, being caught up with school and work and wedding activities. But despite being insanely busy, I'm still finding time to crochet in the evenings.

So, on to my progress:
Nearly twenty 12" squares, which started as my BAMCAL afghan. I've branched out and am using squares from 2 other Ravelry groups- Melinda Miller is hosting a year-long "Afghan Extravaganza" and shares a newly designed square each month and Vanna's Choice Fan Club is hosting a BAWL (Block-a-Week), so I've added squares from both of those groups to bring my number up. Since I was nearing the end of my yarn (I purchased 6 skeins of Caron Simply Soft, adding a 7th mid-March) I decided that I'll stop at twenty and join. I'm thrilled to be nearly finished with my first afghan made of blocks, but I'm not sure who to gift it to. My original plan was to be a selfish crafter, since it took a lot of work, and I didn't know if anyone would appreciate it... Not so sure anymore.

My second 6-month project is a wedding gift. I have 2 weeks left to finish it, so it's getting down to the wire.

This ripple is nearly as wide as the seat and back of our couch. It is a bit more than half way done, but if I don't get to the end of my yarn by the week of the wedding, I'll probably just stop and call it good. I just hope the newlyweds will enjoy it :)

That's all for this week. I'll be working furiously on the ripple, so probably wont be anything new to see next week... Unless I work really really hard :D

2 comments:

  1. The ripple will make a nice wedding gift for the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your blocks laid out! I think I am going to stitch one of my BAMCAL afghans together in July so my son can take it with him to college at the end of August. It will give me inspiration to see yours completed.

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary