Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

None of them are on the Floor

My books, I mean. They are all either stacked on a shelf or some other similar surface.

I'm down to just my Michigan history books, for class and for my research paper. We have been assigned The Flivver King for the next week or two. It's quite a short little book, about Henry Ford and the rise of the automobile. So far, it's not killing me. I'm glad to be putting aside Rites of Conquest, as the author was writing to an audience that is quite a bit smarter than me.

Mary Higgins Clark went back to the library last week. I really enjoyed The Lost Years, it kept me up several nights in a row, something I haven't done in ages. I've never been good at reviewing books, but I will say that I had hoped for a bit more of the historical angle in it than was actually provided. Nonetheless, I enjoyed reading something new (if not entirely different) and hope to do more of it once my classes are finished (at the end of the month, YAY)

I took the ASL books back to the library, for a time, and will probably check at least one of them out again. Robin @ Crochet Nirvana asked me why I was trying to assign hand motions to a song. For the past 5 years, I have worked at a week-long Christian summer camp, and I will be going back again this August as a head counselor. We have an evening where each cabin provides some form of entertainment, be it a skit or a song or the like. I have it in my head that I will work out hand motions for a song to teach my cabin so we can perform it for Entertainment Night. We'll see how it goes.

I've made my way through The Two Towers, and am now nearly halfway through The Return of the King. I find it is nice to "read" while crafting. Harry Potter has been put on hold a bit, though I will likely go back to him mid-week or so.

Other than that, not much else going on in my corner of the world- lots of crocheting, some attempts at cleaning, and lots of avoided homework. I'm planning on cracking down and churning out a history paper this week, I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary