Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Holiday Stashdown Challenge Week 8

This week, Marie's prompt asks about last minute (read: quick) handmade gifts.

I shared last week about one skein/scrap gifts, and I feel that many of the same ideas stand for last minute gifts.

Scarves are fabulous for gifts, and often only take several hours of work, depending on your speed. Infinity scarves or cowls are even better, as they tend to have less length. For something that I need the next day, I will usually work up a infinity scarf in Lion Brand Homespun, which I nearly always have on hand. This yarn, while having a bit of a learning curve, looks great when worked in a simple blo/flo pattern (back loop only/front loop only). I usually alternate the two, which looks a bit like knitted seed stitch.

I'm a planner, so last-minute gifts are not really my thing. Head over to Marie's for more ideas!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear last minute gifts aren't your thing! Planning is definitely key to avoiding last minute madness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll admit that even though I try to plan, I always find myself in need of at least a few last minute gifts. I stick with baked goods - cookies I can do under pressure - crochet not so much! I'm hoping your some of your planning successes will rub off on me this year!

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary