Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

More Progress than Normal

I don't know how I suddenly turned productive. I have stuff finished to show off on Friday! Maybe being project monogamous  is a good thing. I guess I just decided that this week would be the week to work on unfinished projects, and I actually am managing to do that.

I 'm debating on a goal for my mom's afghan, maybe you can help! I am making 9" squares, and am stuck between a 5 block by 6 block afghan (45" x 54") or a 6 by 6. I think 45" is a relatively standard size for blankets (or at least one side of a blanket), but I don't want it to be too small. And I feel like I need to set a goal for it, otherwise it will not get done. So, 30 blocks or 36 blocks?

When I was at work on Monday, I started browsing my Ravelry queue for project ideas. There are lots of things that I want to make. I started by looking for things I knew I wanted to make as gifts, and then wrote out a huge list (including the projects that are incomplete on my projects page). I filled an entire page of college ruled notebook paper!


I've already moved on from the picture above, as the green-ish ball of yarn is starting to become Any Which Way Lace. So far, the pattern's fairly simple. It's a 9 row set up, but a 5 row repeat. And the repeat is fairly simple.

I've also made more progress on the border of my Juliana Re-Mix, and frogged back and started again on the border of my Shallow Waters shawl. There's also a tulip stitch dishcloth hanging out- my go-to project for work. The purple-ish ball in the front wants to be Summer Flies, but I haven't cast on yet.

I'm reading the final available book in the Shakespeare and Smythe series, The Merchant of Vengeance. So far, so good. I have a stack of other books waiting for me, and I'm really excited to read something new and different.

Linking up with Tami and Ginny today! :)

3 comments:

  1. I would make the bigger size. I love Ravelry and have so many favorites, I will never run out of projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have been busy! I think 5x6 for your Mom's blanket. With a boarder it'll be plenty big. I'm glad to see someone else who has projects all over the place. I may struggle to get them done, but I don't get bored! Hopefully we'll both get our Juliana's done soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for the bigger blanket...especially in the winter, I always wish my blankets were bigger.

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary