Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Weekend Catch-up

It's been so hot the last few days, and I've been really discombobulated with the wedding weekend followed by the mid-week holiday. But I am catching up today with a combined post for Stash-Bash Thursday and Finished Object Friday.
  • It's been too hot to work with worsted weight wool, so my Juliana Re-Mixed has been temporarily on hold. I'm hoping that once the weekend cools down a bit, I can crank out the border in a few hours.
  • My Citron has been rescued, and I worked a few rows on it Wednesday evening and a bit on Thursday, but the rows are really long (and I cannot take a good picture of it).
  • Because I was at work and it was air-conditioned, I started another scarf/shawl-- Shallow Waters Shawl, by Anastacia Zittel, as part of the Show Your Support JAL over in the CSW group. I'm using KnitPicks Shadows Lace in Summer Blooms and I totally adore the colors. I've always been a pink girl, and this yarn, while being a bit fiddly because it's lace-weight, makes me super happy. This was a spulrge for me a few weeks ago when I was making a KnitPicks Christmas order (they were having a big yarn sale) and I am pleased.

  • I'm trying to eliminate my stash of cotton yarn, as I would rather buy colors as needed for gifts. So scrap dishcloths are flying off the hook!
Not much else to report!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you about the hot - it's been miserable here on the east coast too. I'm still working on my Juliana and coincidentally I'm making cotton washcloths too! It's so nice to work with something lite and comfortable.
    Your new shawl is coming along and the yarn looks like a great choice/color (I luv pink too!)
    I'm hoping to join the CAL for the sea-shell wrap, but I'm not sure just yet...
    Stay cool!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary