Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Holiday Stashdown Challenge Week 15

Stashdown is going quite interestingly, if I do say so myself.

In progress, I still have Underwater, the cabled vest, the autumnal afghan and the mishmash smorgasbord. On top of that, I am halfway through my largest hat order ever, and I have just received a possible request for a sweater. The sweater I am still very much on the fence about. My mom doesn't think I should do it, as it has taken me 3 years to get on the knitted cabled vest, and a sweater is much more fitted, etc. We shall see.
Pile of new sweaters
I'm so excited about my mishmash smorgasbord. I went about writing a whole post about it the other day, but now I'm feeling like it's a bit silly. In regards to this project, the Stashdown is *not* working. I was tempted by thrift stores, and came home yesterday with 3 100% wool sweaters, 4 wool blends, and 3 cashmere sweaters. They all went into the wash to be felted, and I spent the rest of my afternoon cutting them up into blanket sized pieces. With all my new wool bits, the first blanket should be finished quite soon. (I'm hoping to make at least one more, maybe 2)

Since I've been spending so much time on my mishmash Smorgasbord, I haven't really had time for much else, though I'm trying to whittle my list down. I am getting a decent bit of progress done on my knitting projects, mainly during evening TV shows. I really want to have a few items to share on FO Friday, but I don't know if I'm that good, lol.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot turn down good thrift store buys either, even though I have way too many projects as it is. As I like to say, we could have much worse hobbies! Good luck on the ambitious projects, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mishmash Smorgasbord sounds really fun! It will definitely be a cool gift (or something for you) once it is finished. I live in NYC, and even the thrift stores are expensive - I am always amazed when I hear about people's thrift store finds!

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary