Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

What to do?

I have three mostly full skeins of Bernat's Jr. Jacquards yarn in colorway Big Deal Teal. I have no idea what to do with it. Here's what it looks like:


Why do I have it, you may ask. Well, it's story time. Not too long ago, I was optimistic about both my knitting and crocheting skills. When I went grocery shopping with my mom (she shops at a Meijer-it's a Midwest thing) we always browse the general merchandise first. This yarn was clearanced out, and I said sure, pick some up for me. Over a year later, it is gifted to me for my birthday. (At my house, Mom buys us stuff ages in advance, so she never has to worry about birthday/Christmas shopping because she knows she has stuff that we picked out. It's a great system, except when things get lost in her closet, or when we no longer want the thing we picked out.)
See that fingerless glove? Yeah, for some reason I thought it would work in this yarn. It doesn't, at least in my mind. I really like the yarn, but don't know what to do with 3 skeins of it. Crochet totally ruins the point of it, but I am a much faster crocheter. The end point: does anyone have a suggestion for me?

I did find a few knit scarves that could be good. This pattern, or maybe this pattern-- or should I just do something baby-ish?

I really want this out of my stash, but in a good way. I want to make something that someone will appreciate!
Linking up with Tricia's Stash Bash!

1 comment:

  1. Well, of course I am going to go with something babyish!! I would make a scarf or hat because it would self stripe. I am working on a long tailed hat for baby with self striping yarn and loving it. You could also make one for an adult!

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary