Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Holiday Stashdown Challenge Week 20

I'm starting to feel successful in my Holiday Stashdown. My list has been adjusted, my priorities have been sorted out, and I am casually working on all my projects. I do not feel the crunch yet, and I am happy to say that things are rolling along. (Check out the awesome stuff Marie's doing!)

I met my goal for this week!!!
Dog Days
I proudly shared my Age of Brass and Steam scarf that I finished last week here. I really wanted to get modeled photos, especially since my little sister is really good at modeling my projects, but since it is her Christmas gift, I couldn't really ask her to do that. I got really fancy and stuff, and officially measured the yarn leftover, using my brother's coffee scale. It's awesome, and since I was knitting with "properly purchased" yarn (as opposed to one of my recycled & dyed yarns) I know how much I used!!! I definitely have more than enough leftover to make a "matching" pair of fingerless gloves for her-- probably to be held with a sock weight yarn in a natural color.

I made 3 more squares for my parents' afghan, and am getting so close to the end!! I'm still debating between 6x5 and 6x6, but I ordered Edie Eckman's Around the Border book, so maybe I'll just make a larger border.
Child's Play
Dog Days
Lazy Sunday
Child's Play

(I know the goal was 4 squares, but I am celebrating getting closer to the end, so I'm letting it pass. This time...)

Of the 3 I just made, Child's Play is my favorite. The designer also made a 12" version, Triangle Tango, and I think in primary colors, it would make an adorable baby blanket! Or even, paired with a plainer Granny for a full size blanket... Oh the ideas running through my head! (Mary, stop being distracted, you have other things to focus on!)

I found the yarn to use for my aunt's fingerless gloves- purchased on clearance a few weeks ago- Bernat Softee Chunky. It's black, so a perfect basic color!

Next week, I will list out my October goals, because I think it's a better way to organize my goals-- monthly instead of every 6 weeks. (Just to refresh everyone's memory, my goal for next week was to finish my parents' afghan. I'm not sure if I will get that far...)

I would have more pictures, except my camera died on me last night and I have yet to revive it.
Also, I posted another flower tutorial of sorts, along with photos from my last craft show (finally!). 

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, the Child's Play is really striking. Thanks for introducing me to a great pattern! It looks like you are moving along really well. It has been great to have you as my virtual holiday crafting buddy for this challenge - I feel much less stressed than last year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got yarn when I was LYS crawling last Sunday for the Age of Brass and Steam Shawl. Yours was an inspiration. Also, I love those squares, especially Child's Play and the triangle one! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the triangle square, very striking design and I like the colours you've chosen

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary