Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Moving On

This is definitely a post about books. And school.

I was really excited to start reading Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey: the Lost Legacy of Highclere Castle, and as soon as I checked it out from the library, I started reading it. It is a good book, but I did not finish it. I am obliged to read multiple non-fiction books this semester, and I really couldn't continue to make myself read another non-fiction book. Well, it's more of I was not going to enjoy finishing that book, so I returned it, and I will try to remember to come back another time.

I need escape reading right now. I'm going back to The Orchid House, which I started reading a number of weeks ago at the recommendation of a blogger who linked up with Ginny's Yarn-Along. It's listed as a German and UK bestseller, and what I read before I had to return it to the library was good. Luckily, I was able to get it again, even though there was a waiting list at the library. I like the idea of books spanning several different time periods, and this one has at least 2.

School is overwhelming in an underwhelming fashion. If that makes any sense. I am only into the 4th or 5th week of the semester, and I am just blah. My classes are necessary, not fun. And I'm just upset about still being in school. I should be graduating in December, and not in May. My schedule is really full, and I have less time to work, and have over 14 hours of 'dead time' (no classes) while on campus. All in all, very frustrating. But, I'll be done in December, student teach in January, and graduate in May. The end is in sight- now more than ever. Will I be ready to move on to a new stage in my life? I hope so

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary