Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

No Longer Overwhelmed!

Last Wednesday, I posted a huge list of the things I was working on. On Friday, I shared a finished project.

On Monday night, I finished another project that I will share on Friday. I started a few more projects, but I feel less overwhelmed than I did last week.

I've nearly finished the stockinette section on my Oaklet shawl, and I am in love with the yarn I am using- Three Irish Girls Glenhaven Cashmerino sock. It is absolutely amazing. It was gifted to me in a swap, and I was intending it for a Summer Flies but I thought the color might be too busy. And then I remembered that Ginny made the Oaklet a while back, and I had browsed the FOs and loved how it looked in a variegated yarn. I really hope to finish it in the next week or so, because the weather here is perfect for a cozy shawl.

The Orchid House, by Lucinda Riley, was an amazing book. It was on my stack last week, and after abandoning my non-fiction book, I picked it up. I believe I mentioned that I had started it a month or so ago, but had to return it to the library. There was no such problem this time. I had a bit of a free weekend, so I mostly read this book. I loved the multiple layers to it, and I was fascinated by the history of Thailand and WWII that was injected into the storyline.

That's all for me today! Be sure to stop by on Friday to see what I finished!!
Check out Tami's and Ginny's for more WIPs this week!

5 comments:

  1. Your shawl looks lovely....I have been wanting to knit up that pattern and I think you have inspired me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawl looks amazing. Can't wait to see your FO

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that yarn looks and sounds lovely and will be so perfect for the oaklet shawl! i just printed off that pattern too, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will make a gorgeous oaklet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oaklet is such a lovely shawl. You've been so productive - it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary