Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Wednesday!

Wednesdays are fabulous days, especially when my semester is OVER!! It's been a really stressful semester, but it's over and I get to spend next semester with a variety of high-school students, teaching them about my favorite subjects: Government and History!!! All while planning a wedding and looking for a house and a job in a different city. Yay me!

WIP
In Progress
But for now, I'm in a Christmas gift-making frenzy, hoping to finish orders for a few close friends (who ordered ages ago and deserve to have their stuff finished) and FINALLY spending time with some books.

More Yarn
One done, 2 to go!
Even though I swore off infinity scarves, I actually am supposed to be making some for people. So, I have more Lion Brand Homespun in my bag for my 5 hour shift at work. It's okay though, because I like the mindlessness of making them.

For my reading, our priest recommended I look for something to read and reflect on as I prepare for marriage. So off to the bookstore I went yesterday, and found Chosen and Cherished: Biblical Wisdom for your Marriage, by Kimberly Hahn, which reflects on Proverbs 31. It looks really good, and since Fr. Dan told me not to look for stuff about being a mother, and go more towards reading about being a wife, I thought this would be a good fit. Though I am totally open to other suggestions, if people have them.

Reading
Excited to be reading new things!
My other 2 reads are also non-fiction: In the Garden of Beasts (about the US Ambassador in Germany pre WWII) and Six Armies In Normandy.  As you can tell, I'm on a WWII kick. I'd welcome some historical fiction, but 1) I haven't actively searched, and 2) I don't have that much free time.

I'm hoping to have a few more interesting crochet projects soon, so stay tuned for those!!

Linking up with Tami and Ginny today!

7 comments:

  1. So many people have great suggestion for books. I checked the internet this afternoon. Now I think it is probably time to buy an e-reader. The postal fees are so expensive if I want to read the books in English and have to order them at amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really busy!!! Glad you get a little break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yes. Gift making frenzies seem to be common right now. :-D Keep at it! I'm sure you'll get all done that you need to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave up on my Christmas knitting, or should I say my hands gave up! Glad you are getting projects done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Homespun works up so quickly! Good luck with your holiday gifts! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours in your projects are gorgeous. A bit of mindless crochet is good for times like this when there are lots of things going on.
    Enjoy your books, always good when there's a theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so productive! I am feeling so overwhelmed by the one project I have this December.

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary