Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Weekend Roundup

Another typical weekend for me.

Working all day Saturday, with some attempted lesson planning and the like. I did get some crocheting done in the evening, mainly powering through an infinity scarf for someone I was seeing on Sunday.
I also started working on my Snowdrop, as part of the February CAL that the Crochet Shoulder Wrappers group is hosting.
2 Snowdrops
Top: Red Heart Holiday Hunter/Gold
Bottom: KnitPicks Stroll Tonal Stonewashed
My mom had the US Figure Skating Championship Women's Finals on, so I watched a bit of that with her, remembering how I used to love watching the female figure skaters.

Sunday morning Mass, breakfast with the family, a bit of a nap. More crocheting. A prayer meeting in the evening, with a speaker sharing about the youth programs. A variety of people asking me how wedding plans were going. By the last one, I was a bit flustered, mainly because right now there is not much wedding planning, as both E and I are finishing up school, and the big things are all planned and out of the way.

This morning, I woke to a text from one of my friends, informing me of the snow day. It was way too early for her to be texting me, but we're both teachers, so I guess she thought I would be up. That text was followed shortly by a text from my host teacher, telling me to go back to sleep. My fiance called 10 minutes after that, because he volunteers to be my secondary alarm clock. Because I was in no rush to get up, we actually chatted for a few minutes before he had to go. He has to get up for school too, and his wasn't cancelled.

Since I got a bit of a lie-in, I was not overly productive today. Errands mainly, plus chores that I don't have as much time to do when I'm in and out of the house for school and work. More crocheting, working on my "Ten-minute" projects. (both of my 10 minute projects take more than ten minutes, but it is good to spend some time with them.)

JAYG try #1
10 minute project- trying to finish Mom & Dad's afghan!
 Not much else-- Hope you all have a lovely week!

2 comments:

  1. ooooo thank you! I am going to make that shawl for my mother in law - I am sure she will love it!

    love the blanket - can't wait to see how you finish it!

    blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO! I like the WIPs Meter you have going. That is really nice. Glad you had a day off.

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary