Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Reading Update

Amid the hubbub of wedding preparations and moving, I've been blessed to find personal quiet time to read. Good suggestions always seem to come from pursuing the blogs that share on Ginny's weekly Yarn-Along. Two of the books I am currently looking at have come from other bloggers' recommendations.

The first, The Movement of Stars by Amy Brill, is a fiction novel that takes place in 19th century Nantucket.

As it has a historical aspect to it, I immediately sought a copy from my library system, which arrived several days later. What also intrigued me about this book is its astronomical and nautical angle. Both subjects hold some interest to me, though mostly in their relation to history. It reminds me a lot of some of the things I've learned through studying lighthouses.

I am fascinated by the Quaker community that the main character, Hannah, lives in. Many books I've read before, particularly those by Beverly Lewis, discuss similiar (to me) concepts of communities like that, especially the Amish communities.

I'm not as far as I would like to be into the book, but so far it is enjoyable.

In my possession and next on the list are 2 more books, another fiction and a non-fiction.

At the recommendation of a good friend, I am also looking into Paleo.


I'm not sure I can totally go to all whole foods, but I'd like to make an attempt. I've never really had weight issues, so it's not really about that. It would be more about getting healthy and feeling better all the time.

So, that's what I'm reading! WOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary