Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Green Things

I was thrilled Tuesday morning when I checked on my potted plants and found buds! Since finishing school, I have been aching for a proper flower garden.

Thinking zinnias would do the trick, I planted a nice big window box full of them. But the little sprouting green leaves were not that exciting. So a few weeks later, I bought a full lavender plant, with flowers and everything. It was a step in the right direction. But now I have the potential for actual, grown from seed flowers, and I am excited!!


a little zinnia bud

My herbs are also doing well, with the basil still in the lead for biggest plant. Still no success with the rosemary, but I think i've worked out the problem, so it might just come in late. The oregano is not stellar, but doing better than before. And pretty soon I should be able to harvest my lavender, as the flowers are just starting to bloom. 

Showing me our first cucumber!
Flowers a-plenty on our green beans


1 comment:

  1. So far, I've just got zucchini, some zucchini, and, oh, yeah -- zucchini.

    :-/

    I expect to turn into a zucchini soon. The tomatoes are promising, but not ripe yet!

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary