Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Sitting Down

I've been spending lots of time sitting. Not complaining, especially when my view looks like this:

I'm working on a single crochet crescent shaped shawl. Using knitpicks stroll in firecracker heather and bare that I dyed pink. I plan to add a third color- berry sangria on yummy fingering from candy skein yarns. 

Near all of my typical sitting spots are books, though mostly I've been reading ebooks on my iPad. Monuments Men is my current ebook, with The Beekeeper's Apprentice on the side in paperback. There are a few other books as back up, but I haven't started any of those yet. I'm enjoying reading both books, and Monuments Men is a good refresher for me for WWII. I'll be teaching that era come November, so I felt it was good to be up on it. 

Check out Tami's and Ginny's for more mid week progress. 

6 comments:

  1. nice reads and a nice work! your little one is just a dear! PS: did you see my post about WWI? I know it's not WWII but you may like it none the less: http://eroosje.blogspot.com/2014/09/why-i-collect-cs-lewis-and-tolkien-or.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and have you read any of Lukas? I love his books on WWII http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=adbl_dp_by_aut?_encoding=UTF8&field-author=John%20Lukacs&search-alias=books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful boy! Reading is one thing you can do while nursing your baby - not so easy to use a crochet hook!
    Cza xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, I don't think I would be complaining about sitting and dong nothing either!
    enjoy your time - if flies too quickly.
    blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, but I can only see the beautiful baby ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful baby to be gazing at! Love your shawl and I know you will finish it eventually :)

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary